Blood Blisters Under The Skin

Within the last couple of weeks I've noticed Hobbes has these weird bumps under his skin. They appear to be filled with blood, hard and don't appear to be attached to the skin itself (I can move the skin around over top of them). They're mainly on his belly area but he has a couple on his neck and one huge one where his penis attaches to his stomach. He has a blood blister bump thing ( looks like a purple mole) that he has had forever but these are different and just all suddenly appeared. Anyone know what these are??

Here is a picture, sorry not the best quality.

Fall2009379-1.jpg

Fall2009378.jpg

* note the area looks a bit bruised but I think it's because I've been fussing with it trying to figure out what it is.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Really hard to tell from the picture. Wayne had what looked exactly like a blood blister and it turned out to be a Plasmacytoma. Had it removed, got clean margins and no problems.

I would have your vet take a look

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest TLH0739

It looks like cutaneous Hemangioma. My Patrick had a biopsy on one. He must have 10 - 15 on his abdomen and inner thighs. Go to the Vets as soon as you can. There is no cure but wouldn't kill him. He does blood from them occasionally. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hobbes has an appointment for this on Wednesday but just bumping to see if anyone has any more ideas what this could be. Since I've posted not only have the lumps grown but there is a lot more of them.

Here are some recent photos.

This is the same area as the first post, the lumps are bigger and there are at least 8 now. (Some are really hard to see)

Fall2009403.jpg

Close up

Fall2009413.jpg

This is the largest one, it's in his groan on the opposite side. It's a bit smaller then a dime.

Fall2009410.jpg

Edited by greytluck

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

They sure do look exactly like what Wayne had. I had one of the vets in the office check Wayne because my vet was at a conference. He took one look and said, it's a melanoma which of course really scared me.

My vet was back a few days later and I had him look at it. He told me his practice was never to try to name something until the path came back. But he did want to remove it and be sure to get clean margins.

He did, and the lab came back with Plasmacytoma, benign.

Good luck at the vets and please let us know. Try not to worry

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

They sure do look exactly like what Wayne had. I had one of the vets in the office check Wayne because my vet was at a conference. He took one look and said, it's a melanoma which of course really scared me.

My vet was back a few days later and I had him look at it. He told me his practice was never to try to name something until the path came back. But he did want to remove it and be sure to get clean margins.

How many did Wayne have and did they increase this rapidly? Hobbes has had a blood blister thingy the entire time I've had him but it's on the outside of the skin and hasn't changed in all that time so I'm not worried about that one.

Besides the lumps, I can't seem to get any weight on Hobbes since he lost it after his dental in July which also has be concerned. I hope I'm just over think it.

How many did Wayne have and did they increase this rapidly? Hobbes has had a blood blister thingy the entire time I've had him but it's on the outside of the skin and hasn't changed in all that time so I'm not worried about that one.

Besides the lumps, I can't seem to get any weight on Hobbes since he lost it after his dental in July which also has be concerned. I hope I'm just over think it.

Wayne only had one, and it grew extremely fast and his was on his mouth.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We had to reschedule Hobbes' vet appointment so he just got into the vets today. The vet found a few lumps that I somehow missed, the most worrying is a large (about 1.5cm) one on the front leg that appears to be attached to the muscle rather then the skin. It's also the only one he seemed to be in pain from when she manipulated it. He has one on his neck that also appears to be attached to the muscle but all the rest are attached to the skin itself.

I mentioned Hemangioma as well as Plasmacytoma but she didn't feel it was either one of these two things as he has many of them and they are in multiple areas of his body. She hasn't ruled it out though.

She took a needle biopsy of both the one on his front leg and one of the ones on his abdomen, both contained blood and a lot of it. Also Hobbes' weight is down to 30.2 Kg from 33 kg in July (pre-dental) despite my best efforts to fatten him up. Don't know if these things are linked or not but she ran some blood work as well. She is going to talk to the other vets in the clinic as well as email Dr Couto to see if they have any ideas on what it could be.

Hobbes is now limping badly on the leg she took the needle biopsy from, I gave her a call but haven't heard back yet. So that's where it stands for now.

:goodluck re a good report.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:goodluck:candle:hope:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead