A-z Kennel Owner Passes Away

HJsM

Originally posted on the GPA Houston discussion board. Many of you have Alexander dogs, however, and may want to know to be thinking about the Alexander family today (thank you Cathryn H. for your eloquent words about Mr. Alexander):

"It is with tremendous sadness that I bring you the news that Gary Alexander, loving husband to Lynn, owner of AZ Kennel, compassionate racing greyhound owner and friend to every greyhound he ever met, had a heart attack yesterday and has left us.

We have placed many Alexander dogs, they are wonderful wonderful babies. They give "hugs" and have the personalities that comes from tender care and socialization received at the Alexander's farm. Gary was active in the Texas Greyhound Association and worked hard to make sure the greybabies in his care went into homes when they were finished racing. Some of us have been lucky enough to go pick dogs up at their farm, play with the puppies and choose from the dogs to be petted out, who are kept at the farm untill they get placed.

Gary was in his early fifties and his passing was swift and unexpected. We mourn with Lynn for her loss, the greyhounds loss and ours, Gary will be terribly missed.

Some of us like to think of a Rainbow Bridge where our loved ones wait patiently for us to be reunited. Some of us like to think that Special People receive a tremendous reception at the Bridge, I can just picture all the dogs whose lives Gary has touched over the years who had predeceased him, gathering at the Bridge to welcome this Greyt Man. The thunder of paws, the mass play-bowing, teeth chattering in excitement - there he is! It's Gary! We missed you!

God Speed Gary Alexander - thank you for everything you have done giving us these babies we cherish so much."

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

My deepest sympathy. I am so sorry. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

The Alexander dogs never stayed very long in the GPA Houston kennel. These pups were always so social and used to lots of attention.

Rest is peace Gary, there are lots of beautiful Greyhound souls to keep you company. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg