Rosie's Ashes

Guest auntiesara

Guest auntiesara

Yesterday Charlie became anxious that something had happened to Rosie since the crematorium originally said to wait 6 weeks. It is exactly 2 months since we lost her. I called yesterday and learned that the owner of the business had just engraved her plaque. We have always asked them to call us because we didn't feel it is respectful to send our Angels through the mail. Mocha, Doberman, and Rosie's 4 Greyhound siblings all have an identical bronze urn with their names, dates, and a scrollwork of flowers in one corner. We bury them beside eachother in our garden in Vermont, which was their favorite place. We feel that they will be safe even if a wild animal should dig in the garden.

We're having a hard time even though Rosie recently sent me wind chimes-I hadn't thought to prearrange a signal with her....I know they're happy and have their amputated legs back.

We tried to show Tango, who was brought up by Rosie, the urn, but couldn't tell if she understood.

The cemetery is called Pet Memorial Park in Foxborough MA in case anyone in MA or RI needs to know. The grounds are beautifully cared for. The owner's father,who is now retired, grew prize-winning roses. Just as you come up to the office you find the graves and memorial for the Boston Police Canine Officers. I spend a lot of time walking dogs in human cemeteries and have found graves of famous historical figures, but immediately decompensate at dog cemeteries.....

Anyway Rosie is home in the family room on a desk right beside her favorite dogbed.

Sara

So glad that Rosie is back home with you. :bighug:grouphug:bighug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm glad your precious Rosie is back home, and can be laid to rest in a special safe place. I know that she'll live forever in your hearts, and is part of your very souls... :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am glad that sweet Rosie is home again. It was very difficult for me to pick up Angel Sophia's ashes but I did find it of greyt comfort once she was home again in her favorite spot in our family room. Hugs...

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So sorry. I'm glad she's finally home with her family, even though it's not quite the same. I have a small sense of comfort knowing a bit of Trevor is still with us.

:grouphug:f_pink:f_pink

Guest auntiesara

Thanks everyone for their kind thoughts. We have been calling Sadie "Rosie" by accident....We try to keep busy and took Matt and Sadie to York Beach tonight. That reminded us of the parades and open houses our pack went to when they were healthy...On a positive note they started whining the minute we drove up at the beach,since they remembered it from last time!

Sara

Guest BleusysMom

Hugs to All of You....I know it was a Huge comfort to bring my Bleu Man home.....

Think I will go Hug my new boy Wendell, after reading this, and go touch my Bleu Man's ashes....

May her memories bring you comfort.I know I feel a great warmth when I look at Howie's ashes.It was so unbearable but now it all brings me such peace.That beautiful presence that surrounds us.......Never stop believing. :f_pink