Ways To Keep Them Close

retiredracers

On Tuesday the 14th, I will be helping my 14 year old Labrador Retriever, Megan, go to the Bridge. She suffers from Liver Disease, hip dysplasia and had a stroke about 4 months ago. She just isn't having the life she used to and I am worried that she is suffering. I hope I am doing the right thing. Everyone says that I will know when it is the right time and I hope that I am making the right decision. We have increased her pain relief this weekend and have been spoiling her with special meals. We have planned for her passing to take place outside (as long as the weather is agreeable) and for it to be comforting and special. She has been with me for nearly 14 years and it is killing me to make this decision.

I want to make sure that I have some way of keeping her with me. I found this very nice website called Whisper in the Heart. The lady that owns the site/business is very kind and has been so supportive when I emailed questions about the jewelry piece that I was interested in.

I just wanted to pass this site along to those of you who have lost their special ones. Her stuff is beautiful and she is very sweet.

Take care,

Sheila

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Sheila, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. That's exactly what we went through with our border collie Angus. Even when it's the right thing to do it's just as hard. I feel for you. Sending you prayers :candle and hugs :bighug I'll be thinking about you and Megan.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I am so sorry. You gave Megan a wonderful life. :grouphugf_yellow

( The pendant idea is lovely, I have a pendant which contains a photo of my Dad who died twelve years ago, some ashes from my first dog Zoe who we helped to the bridge nine years ago and some fur from Mulder who went to the bridge in March, it is very comforting to have them close to me)

I will have you and Megan in my thoughts tommorow.

Edited by scullysmum

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

The jewellery is beautiful and a lovely idea. I'm not sure how I feel about the ashes, but fur would be nice.

I feel for you having to make this decision. It is so hard. Maybe it will comfort you a little to know that when I was working as an animal nurse everyone at the practice felt that most people leave it too long to release a beloved pet from their suffering, rather than bring them in before time.

It can be very hard to be impartial when you love so much, but if you are agonising over the decision and have still made it, it almost certainly is not too soon. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

That is so sweet. I found Brogan's collar the other day...it was in a drawer...my vet had taken it off him before he crossed the bridge & I remember holding it in the car, but I don't remember putting it in the drawer...but I found some of Brogan's fur in the folds. I took some tape & pulled it off the collar & saved it. Putting it inside a locket would be nice.

My mom passed away in June & in going through her belongings, I found a little keepsake box & it had some blond fur in it from her cocker spaniel Ginny.

Ashes are okay too. I still have my late husband's ashes.