Jeffrey (3/27/99 - 8/16/03)

Guest azlorenz

Guest azlorenz

Sir Jeffrey John Greyhound ("Criminal Motion") joined our family in September 2002. On August 16, 2003, Jeffrey lost his battle with Valley Fever only a short time after diagnosis. It is hard to imagine a year has passed already. Our time together was so very short but we wouldn't trade it for the world. One of my favorite pictures of him is the one of him in our pool. It was his favorite place no matter what time of year. I'll never forget the day I brought him home for the first time. I went to pickup my boy Jeffrey after work and bring him to his forever home. While we were on the freeway, Jeffrey fell asleep on the backseat with his legs towards the seat. Of course, the first red light we encountered he slid right off the seat and ended up on the floor board with his long ole legs stickin' straight in the air. He just looked at me like, "what do I do now?" I had to pull over and help him back onto the seat. When we arrived home, Rick and the girls were out by the pool and the first thing Jeffrey did was get in the pool. Luckily we have a wading pool entry into our pool and he loved it. However, when I got in and swam out to the middle, here came Jeffrey. He took a big leap off of the wading pool edge and immediately sank to the bottom right in front of me. I'll never forget the expression on his face as I pulled him up by the collar and pointed him back towards the wading pool. The good memories are beginning to balance out the tears but the tears still come. He was our sweet baby boy and we miss him dearly. He is forever in our hearts.

Jeffrey, we are so happy you were in our life no matter how short. Don't ever forget we love you so very much....

For those of you (adoption groups and adopters alike) that have dogs coming from or through the Desert Southwest, please keep your eyes and ears open for symptoms of Valley Fever. An early diagnosis makes for a more optimistic prognosis. For more information, please go to the Project Canine Valley Fever website (www.pcvf.com).

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Jeffrey. Thank you for taking the time to warn and educate others to ensure that some good can come from his passing. f_yellow:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

What beautiful memories of Jeffrey. Run free sweetheart, you are loved :wub:

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest auntiesara

Anniversaries are very hard. I try to think of mine playing with their siblings and new friends at the Bridge while they wait to be reunited with us. It is so important to warn us about Valley Fever. We were lucky to identify Matt's Ehrlichia in time but I always stress TBD testing too. He sounds like a very special boy!

Sara