My Kitty Died On Saturday

Guest Greanytea

Guest Greanytea

Story in a nutshell, i don't have the energy to type everything. A few months ago we took Kobal (black persian) to the vet and they did bloodwork and found that her kidneys were starting to fail but that she was ok for the time being but we needed to watch her eating pattern. The vet said when she stopped eating that we would need to start thinking about other alternatives. So fast forward about 3 months, she's been doing really well acting like herself and everything, eating and drinking like normal but she's losing a lot of weight. She's always been a tiny cat but she was all bones now and i was starting to get worried but she was still acting normal and not letting on if anything was bothering her. I got home Saturday morning and my mom was talking to me about her and we were just observing her because my mom said she hadn't eaten anything all morning but she had been drinking water but she hadn't been going to the bathroom. She started to walk across the living room and collapsed. She had no energy and she kept trying to hide from us which she's never done before. She went behind the entertainment center and stayed there for a while. We started talking that maybe it's time to put her down. I didn't want her to suffer. She wouldn't eat anything, we tried to get her to take treats, deli meat and her medicine (she loved her medicine) and she kept putting her head in my hand. We made the decision to take her in to the vet. I picked her up and my mom held her too and we cried a lot, we've had this kitty for the last 15 years. I held her on my lap all the way to the vets office, I didn't think she would make it there. She was pretty much gone but still breathing. Her eyes were wide open but she wasn't blinking, just breathing. She held on for so long. They told us that her kidneys had completely failed and because her vascular system was shutting down that it may take a while to find a vein so they could euthanize her. It took 6 tries and 20 minutes before she finally took her last breath. It was so hard to watch but I know she's in a better place right now but it's really hard to think that she's not here anymore. =(

post-15-1092271340.jpg

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. She was such a beauty. I know it hurts to lose one like that (I just lost my cat in November.) Hang on to those happy memories and know that she had a wonderful life with you.

God bless.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, but you did the right thing. I'm sure that Kobal is whole and healthy again and chasing butterflies at the Bridge. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so sorry...my deepest sympathy. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest auntiesara

I'm so sorry for the loss of Kittie. She seems to have tried to hide how sick she was until the last minute because she loves you so much. I truly believe we WILL see them again.

Sara

Guest Snowy8

:f_red I'm so sorry for your loss, I lost my kitty Jjaks in April. I have a white/silver persian named Aspen...kitties are so funny & they make us laugh just like our puppers do.

Just remember she loved you & she is running free, with the wind in her long fluffy hair. She's playing with yarn strings, purring & watching the birds. No more pain, no more bad feelings. Lots of food, lots of soft pillows.

Guest Greanytea

Thank you all for the support. It's just so hard to not have her around anymore. I got so used to her always being on the couch and always wanting to lie on my stomach. I miss those big eyes, when I would come home from work and get ready to feed my 2 greyhounds she would give me this look that said "feed me first!"...oh i miss her :cry1:brokenheart