Bond, My Heart Boy

Guest Annie

Guest Annie

My beloved Bond,

You were my first greyhound. I loved you from the moment I walked into your foster home, and you ran up to me and kissed my face. There were a list of dogs for me to view that day, but I knew that I had found my heart connection.

I loved you so much, that looking at you made my heart want to burst. You were as soft as velvet, and incredibly affectionate. No one could resist being near you, as the pictures below will show.

You had extreme separation anxiety, and were despondent when you were without me - even the presence of my other pets didn't help. I tried many methods to help you, but eventually I simply accepted that you could not be alone. For the next 2 1/2 years, we were inseparable.

You and Taza became my constant companions. I wouldn't go anywhere that I couldn't take you. When I went to work, you two would cuddle in your favorite spot... in the back of my wagon. In the winter you'd be so adorable all wrapped in quilts and blankets! Every so often, I'd go out and heat up the car... there you'd be, smiling with contentment... safe and sound.

At the end of May 2003, you lost your appetite. You began having bloody diarrhea and vomitting bile. I took you to the Animal Critical Care Hospital on June 2nd.. Your Xrays appeared to show a blockage that surgery could easily rectify. We were all very hopeful.

On June 5th, it was discovered that there was no blockage. You were gravely ill with intestinal cancer. The surgeon cried as she told me that you could not be saved. I held you tightly in my arms and told you how much I loved you... they gently and caringly helped you to the Bridge.

Bond, thank you for all that you gave me. I was so blessed to have been loved by you.

Bond - Limbo Snow

March 1997 - June 2003

Bond and Nyala

4992ac72109b73ecd3a87671cd4bb5f9.jpg

Bond and Taza

5043fd254d366be9cf98aea74d6c1cfa.jpg

Bond and Jesse

1e1cc007dc729cb02c6d5b20380b900c.jpg

Bond, sleeping on his nose- with Willie

78afbfa6fb4c103eb2882cac049163b6.jpg

Bond with abandoned foster kitten, 2 days before he died

49be626320f8b113c94d033f9c963198.jpg

Edited by Annie

I'm so very sorry about Bond. What a beautiful boy he was, and clearly very much loved and missed. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

im so sorry. bond sounds like he was a very special boy. god bless you for giving him his special home. big hug.

Oh, he sure was a beauty, and it sounds like you were the special mom that he needed...hugs to you. :f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I am so sorry! Run free sweet Bond...run with wind healed and whole again. I know you are looking down on your family with love...I also know that you will wait patiently at the Bridge until you meet your family again.

:f_red:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest molly

Your tribute touched my heart as we lost our beloved Charlie on May 31/04 to bone cancer. We only had him for 10 months but in that time we grew to love him very much. He looks a lot like your Bond and I know that they will find each other in their new life.........I share your sorrow...........Molly

I'm very sorry for your loss of your precious loving boy. :bighug He will always be with you in spirit, and is now pain free and whole again, playing with all our Bridge angels. Blessings to you for giving him a home in which he could feel cherished and safe. Godspeed, sweet Bond.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest auntiesara

I'm so sorry for the loss of Bond. I can see from his photos that he was exceptionally kind and loving. I truly believe we WILL see them again.

Sara

Guest Greymom

Run free sweet Bond at the Bridge. It is so hard to lose such a treasured friend. Hugs and prayers going out to you.

Guest Snowy8

God bless you. Bond loved you...and it was all unconditional. I love the pictures you posted. Thank you for sharing him with all of us. :f_pink:gh_lay

My heart goes out to you that your beautiful Bond could not stay longer. And yet ... he made a lasting difference in your life, didn't he? He must be watching over you now with great pride.

Rest in peace, Bond.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.