Hero

Guest 2deer1cow

Guest 2deer1cow

Hero is not a greyhound. He is a dalmatian that came into my friends rescue group almost a year ago. He and his three sisters lived the first several months of their lives in an outdoor kennel three inches deep in mud and waste. When the human society workers came to save them the man who owned them threw Hero over the five foot fence and into the back of the truck. He then took a shovel and beat Liberty (hero's sister) in the face.

Liberty and Hope have been adopted. They struggle to lead normal doggie lives. Glory is up for adoption now but has a long road ahead of her to get over her fear of humans and function as a pet.

Hero had to be PTS today. He has never trusted humans (with good reason) and has become aggressive with other dogs. The group tried everything to save him.

Hero never had a family to love him. In fact he may have only allowed himself to be touched by human hands a few times in his life. I just wanted to acknowledge that he lived and that there were people who loved him in his short life.

Hug your hounds.

How very sad. You are safe now Hero. Run free and be happy!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

poor Hero.....My beloved Max (GSD/chow mix)who had a bad start to life is up at the bridge look him up and I am sure you two will be buddies. Sorry your life was so bitter.

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

I'm sorry that Hero suffered so in his short life. May the lessons he had to share be truly taken to heart... and may he run free with wild abandon and total joy at the Bridge. :angelwings

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Run free sweetheart...finally you are free and can love and be loved. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest how888

A Hero you were to go through life the way you did but you will touch many hearts with this story and now we all know you are free, running with the best up there. You will always be a Hero in my heart, run free sweet baby.The pain is over. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Guest Greymom

Oh how sad. It is horrible how some humans can be. Every dog should know love and compassion. Let him run free at the Bridge and have the love he never had. :f_white

Guest GlamourGrey

I am sorry to hear about Hero's experiences. He is running free now at the Bridge and is living in luxury! :f_white Run free Hero.

Hero, I'm sorry your first human was not a kind one. Be at peace now, free of fear.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest armanntoo

What a poor soul. People who treat their animals like that shoot be shot or forced to live as their dogs did.

:cry1:cry1:cry1:cry1:cry1:cry1

Guest Snowy8

What an appropriate name, Hero...this pup lived a horrible life that no dog should ever have to live. God did not put these guys on earth for them to be treated this way, He gave us these creations for our companionship. God made dogs long before He made us, they love us for who we are, not how we treat them. The sad thing is, that "human waste" that threw Hero over the fence should be put in a fenced in area, made to stand in dog feces for days w/out water or food, then thrown over the fence & hit in the face with a shovel. This person won't have to answer to us, but he will have to answer to the man who made Hero & who Hero now sits next to. I don't even want to be there on that day.

Run free & happy Hero...you're in all of our hearts today.

-

Edited by snowy8

Guest Guest_Tillie's Mom

Hero will not be forgotten here. And at the bridge...I know my Sadie girl will make up for what Hero lost here on earth. She will show him the ropes....and show him her heart. She was a very special greygirl.....who will now have a purpose at the bridge. Take good care of Hero, Sadie girl....

Guest PrestosJeff

Run free, Hero. May you now know the love and freedom that you did not know in this world. We will remember you!

f_yellow:dogcookie:angelwings