Dog Heaven

MisserGil

@@@I gave this book to my son a few years ago.. He brought it to me last night and said that he would read it when he missed Belle and thought that I would like to read it again.. Everyone should buy this for their collection.. @@

When Dogs go to heaven, They don't need wings because God knows that dogs love running best...

He Gives them fields. Fields and fields and fields.

When a dog first arrives in Heaven, he just runs.

Dog Heaven has clear, wide lakes, filled with geese who honk and flap and tease. The dogs love this. They run beside the water and bark and bark and God watches them from behind a tree and smiles..

There are children of course. Angel Children.

God knows that dogs love children more than anything else in the world, so He fills Dog Heaven with plenty of them. T here are children on Bikes and children on Sleds. There are children throwing red rubber balls and children pulling kites through the clouds. The dogs are there, and the children love them dearly.

And. oh, the dog biscuits. Biscuits and biscuits as far as the eye can see.

God has a sense of humor, so he makes His biscuits in funny shapes for His dogs. There are kitty-cat biscuits and squirrel biscuits. Ice Cream biscuits and ham-sandwich bisquits.

Every angel who passes by has a biscuit for a dog. And of course, all God's dogs sit when angels say "Sit". Every dog becomes a good dog in Heaven.

God turns clouds inside out to make fluffy beds for the dogs in Dog Heaven, and when they are tired from running and barking and eating ham-sandwich biscuits, the dogs each find a cloud for sleeping. They turn around and around in the cloud... until it feels just right, and then they curl up.. and they sleep. God watches over each one of them and there are no bad dreams.

Dogs in Dog Heaven have almost alwsy belonged to somebody on Earth and. of course the dogs remember this. Heaven is full of memories. So sometimes an angel will walk a dog back to Earth for a little visit and quietly, invisibly, the dog will sniff about his old backyard, will investigate the cat next door, will follow the child to school, will sit on the front portch and wait for the mail. When he is satisfied that all is well, the dog will return to Heaven with the angel. It is where dogs belong, near God who made them.

The dogs in Dog Heaven who had no real homes on Earth are given one in HEaven. The homes have yards and porches and there are couches to lie on and table to sit under while angels eat their dinners. Ther are special bowls with the dog's names on them. And esch dog is petted and reminded how good he is, all day long.

Dogs in Dog Heaven may stay as long as they like and this can mean forever. They will be there when old friends show up. They will be there at the door..

Angel Dogs..

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie

What a beautiful place Dog Heaven must be. I can picture it now -- all the happy dogs running in the fields, and each curled up asleep in his or her own special cloud ....

Thank you for sharing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moandjassysis

that book is good for someone who has just lost a dog and misses them very much like i did :gh_child:cry1:angel:dogcookie:dogcookie

are there :cookie dogcokkies?

Edited by moandjassysis

Guest KyGrey

Thank you for sharing. I have never heard of that book but wish I would have known about it when a friend lost her dog to cancer about 1 1/2 years ago. She could have really been comforted by it. We used to petsit for the dog and she was such a sweetie. I lost a part of myself when she crossed the Bridge but I know someday I will see her again.

Guest houndstooth4

OMG! I used to work in a book store, and I remember the first time I unpacked that book! You should not read it in a book store! ;) It is a great book, and my favorite part is about God watching the dogs from behind a tree. It's a great gift for a dog lover!

Carrie

P.S. Cat Heaven is great, too!

I love that book - but

the snarky librarian in me begs you not to put copyrighted material up on the web like that! Not fair to the author, and could be problematic!

That said - I love it!

Karen with Tessye (galgo b 2017), Fidel (galgo b c2012), and bridge kids Dublin (J's Texmex 1996-12/31/01), Daisy (Assurance 8/8/95-9/26/07),  Bubba (Kelsos Irony b 5/99-8/19/10), and Mabel (Googly Spin  1/06-11/19)

greytalk-siggie-feb-2023.jpg

The authors name is in the title..

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie

That is so lovely! My friend just lost her 9 yo grey to osteo. I passed it along to her.

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Guest how888

Thank you so much, I have to go pick a few up since we just lost our precious Howie. It's so hard to explain to our grandchildren why he isn't here at the door when they come over. :gh_child