Gone One Year

Elvis

It was one year ago, September 21, 2002 we had to have our

Britney Spaniel put down because of cancer. We had her for 16

years. She was the love of our lifes. Pictures are still everywhere

of her around the house.

It was very tough for a while. Heart was broken. We knew we had

to move on, life is tough, sucks at times but had to move on.

Last November we adopted Elvis

(the white and brindle hound in the picture). Since then, we adopted

CoraFaye to keep Elvis company.

We will never forget Sydney (AKA Siddog). She hasn't been replaced

by Elvis and CoraFaye, but we made room in our hearts for them.

Everytime you loose one that is dear to you, they take a small

piece of your heart with them. Your heart only grows larger to

make room for another.

I saw a T-shirt once. I wish I had bought it but it was right after I lost Sydney and didn't agree with what it said. It said something about

loosing one dog only makes room in your heart for another.

I totally agree now. Someway, you WILL make room in your heart

for another. Don't ask how. I guess we all have HUGE hearts and

willing to take in another.

Guest Designer

Sorry for your loss. I know a lady who won't get an animal because she says she'd get too attached and wouldn't be able to take it if it passed away. But look at all the love she's missed. It hurts so bad because you loved so much. How can we find room in our hearts to love another? A heart grows when it is shared. :heart

We lost Susan in March and I still don't feel ready to post about her in this section. I've been able to mention her in other areas, but it seems so final to put her in here :( So I understand what you're saying.

It's true that your heart expands to make room. Even though a piece is gone and will always belong to the loved one who is lost, there is always somehow enough room for more loved ones.

I'm sure Elvis has helped you to come through the sadness, just as Jim and Irene have helped me. That's the magical thing about the love these dogs give us. We love them and give what we can to them, they love us and give what they can to us. I think we get the better bargain ;)

:bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest Kirsten

I have copied this poem from Swissgreys website. I hope she doesn't mind...

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on the snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn’s rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there, I did not die….

Anonymous

Its so true I think.

Ah, I think you are right, everytime you love, your heart gets bigger .... Your Sydney taught you well. Bless her beautiful sweet soul.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest BleusysMom
Ah, I think you are right, everytime you love, your heart gets bigger ....  Your Sydney taught you well.  Bless her beautiful sweet soul.

Very well said.....Hugs to you all, and remember....Sydney is watching over the Family.....always near You....

I know how much it hurts. When Joe left, we were devastated. But I really felt that the best legacy I could give Joe was to continue what he started - our love of greyhounds. I don't ever feel that our dogs replaced Joe - they are here because of what Joe meant to us.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest pleasantsarg

I am sorry for your loss. It is a bigger event than words can relay. I also lost 2 dogs in the last year+-- Stoney passed November 1. I always think about her & her bro in relationship with the dogs we have now. It isn't easy. I still don't have resolution in some ways. But I think that our dogs now have some knowledge & respect for Stoney & Sarg, they just seem to know things. . .

Guest IscariotsSuperstar
I have copied this poem from Swissgreys website. I hope she doesn't mind...

Do not stand at my grave and weep......

Oh, that made me cry.... But i feel that it's soo true.

Guest Kirsten
I know how much it hurts. When Joe left, we were devastated. But I really felt that the best legacy I could give Joe was to continue what he started - our love of greyhounds. I don't ever feel that our dogs replaced Joe - they are here because of what Joe meant to us.

That is exactly how I feel! We will always have greyhounds now and I feel that is a gift that Link has given us, a love of something so special. Think how many dogs we will possibly love in our lives all because of that first precious one.

So sorry for your loss.

I still haven't gotten another dog, and Millie's been gone over a year. It took me that long to throw away the rest of her food. Her pictures are still all over the house, but I feel that when it's time, it's time. I know of people, too, who simply never get over the loss of their pets. However, in many cases, they get older and enjoy their freedom without having to take care of a pet.