Three toes

My greyhound Tony has three toes on his left front door because we had to have a weight bearing toe amputated. Now I have to do the same thing on his other front foot with another weight bearing toe. Has anyone had a dog that had only three toes on each of their front paws? Were they able to get around ok after healing or did it cause problems walking? 

I had a hound with three toes  on one front foot (missing one was a middle toe) and three toes on one back foot (also a middle toe).  Not the same as Tony, but she never seemed to have problems.  I never knew why the toes were amputated.  What is poor Tony's toe issue?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

11 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

I had a hound with three toes  on one front foot (missing one was a middle toe) and three toes on one back foot (also a middle toe).  Not the same as Tony, but she never seemed to have problems.  I never knew why the toes were amputated.  What is poor Tony's toe issue?

Well he had a corn on the other toe that didn’t respond to the tendon surgery. And then I guess there was a fracture that couldn’t be fixed so they amputated. This time it’s a corn again that also didn’t respond to repeated tendon surgeries. So I’m thinking I’ll just amputate since it basically solved the problem last time. 

Totally doable. My angel Aiden (Aiden 1-4) lost a weight-bearing toe from each front foot and had a sprung toe on a hind foot. These weren't the issues that called him to the Bridge (two years ago tomorrow :weep) and Tony should do just fine without those wonky toes. Good luck, and please let us know how he does.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 hour ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Totally doable. My angel Aiden (Aiden 1-4) lost a weight-bearing toe from each front foot and had a sprung toe on a hind foot. These weren't the issues that called him to the Bridge (two years ago tomorrow :weep) and Tony should do just fine without those wonky toes. Good luck, and please let us know how he does.

Good to know! Thank you, I feel better about it now!