Blood in Stool and Vommiting

Hello! 

My girl grey Ollie is randomly suffering from an upset tummy. She’s been eating the same diet: IAMS green bag (works really well for her tum) along with some cooked steak and rice. All of a sudden she started having diarrhea with a bit of blood in it, three time yesterday. This morning, no more diarrhea, but she threw up bile. 
Wondering if this ever happens to greys randomly? Will take her in to the vet tomorrow if things progress.

My dog vomits bile reasonably regularly, but really only when he hasn’t got any food in his stomach. However he only has diarrhoea when there’s something wrong, and the presence of blood is a bit more concerning. It might depend on where you live as to what your vet would advise but I would at least give them a ring and see what they suggest. It could be that your dog has eaten something on her walk that she shouldn’t have and has picked up a bug. She’s not on any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication is she?

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

No.  Vomiting and diarrhea don't happen without something being wrong.  Could be simple like Giardia from a mud puddle, but it could also be a more serious issue.  Take in a stool sample when you go to the vet.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly