Ellen

Ellen

Most greyhounds are used to wearing a coat especially if they've come off the track. Having said that Grace isn't keen on wearing one and walks slowly with one on to show her disdain.

You could try putting a tea-towel on his back and telling him to "leave it" so he gets used to the feeling of wearing something. Then progress to a heavier material like a towel before trying his coat without putting his head through the neck and then fastening the strap. As with all things greyhound it's time and patience and in small doses.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Many thanks' for the advice,I'll try that.

I've also left his coat in his bed so it doesn't smell so new.

Hopefully in the years to come I'll be able to offer support to other new owners, but I'm afraid just now it's take, take, take.

This is an excellent forum especially for newbies like me.

:colgate

Don't worry about that, we were all new once.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.