Greyhound got on top of friend dog and bit neck

Hi, so I’ve had Enzo about two months and have taken him to the dog park about once a week when it’s non peak times to run around and play. 
He usually likes to run in circles and let someone chase him.

He has slowly started barking/snapping at other dogs during their chase. I’ve attributed this to seeing other dogs do it. Today he was running with a dog he’s played with a lot, Atka, and as they were running he turned around and put Atka’s whole neck in his mouth. Atka yelped and I got Enzo off of him.

10 minutes before this we were in the other fenced dog park and he jumped on Atka from behind and put his neck in his mouth. Enzo’s tail was wagging but it also wags when he plays with his rope toys.

We are putting in an offer on an house with a yard today so thankfully that will be an option soon but until then I’m only taking him to the dog park if it’s completely empty.

Enzo didn’t draw blood or anything but I’m worried because I’m not sure if this is play or if this his prey drive getting stronger. Any advice would be helpful.

Oy:omg

PYes, please stay away from dog parks. There is a reason greys are muzzled when turned out.

I would watch behavior on lead as well and talk to a behavorist/trainer.

Be careful, some people might say he is just being Alpha. Personally I wouldn't want to deal with any of the events which might occur. Be careful!

Greyhounds play rough. This is why muzzles are required at greyhound events, play dates etc.  

Most of us here avoid dog parks completely because it's not a place where a dog can really be a dog. There is a good chance that if you go to a dog park long enough, there will be an incident like you are describing.  Greyhounds have a prey drive and the rough play is part of it.  Most people do not understand this, and you could end up with your dog being reported as vicious or aggressive when in reality he isn't.  There is pretty much no love for dog parks among greyhound owners based on past incidents and other owners who do not understand dog behavior.  Also, when multiple greys are together, muzzles are simply a device to prevent against tears to thin greyhound skin from nipping and rough play. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life