Soft Stool And Vomiting

Tracker ate a bunch of cat poop and a few days later he started having soft stools. Only three tiny quick squirts of diarrhea at some point, otherwise just soft. After a few days he vomited up his breakfast right after eating it, and ate food a few minutes later when I offered some. I took in a stool sample to the vet, thinking it was some parasite from the cat poop. It came back negative today. Then he vomited up his breakfast a second time this morning. Again, he had no problems eating more offered food. He doesn't drink excessively. His stool has basically been soft for almost a week, and only the first morning poop with be pick-up-able, but the rest is too squishy for that and will stick to the grass. He doesn't play with or chew on toys at all, and has never eaten anything inappropriate, so I doubt there's an obstruction in his stomach. He is otherwise unchanged, eats happily, acts normally. He's 11.5. He'll see the vet this Friday. Any suggestions what to ask the vet or what this may be?

Tracker seems to have a split personality: Doesn't eat anything inappropriate--but he eats cat poop.

I'd ask the vet to check for an obstruction. When my Jane was throwing up after meals, she'd swallowed a sock. She was throwing up after meals because there wasn't enough room in her stomach for dinner and the sock, too.

You might try smaller meals, fed more often, and see if he can keep down a smaller amount of food.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Do another fecal. Just went through the same thing with our puppy. He ended up having clostridium. A few days of amoxicillin has cleared him right up.

Did the vet do a physical exam? If so, he would have felt any sort of obstruction.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly