Galliprant Ok On Empty Stomach?

The website says the most common adverse reactions are nausea and diarrhea. There's nothing more specific than that on their website or labels, so it probably doesn't matter either way. My first instinct, though, would be to feed with food in hopes of minimizing stomach upset.

Of course, I don't even give heartworm meds on an empty stomach...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I wouldn't give on an empty stomach. It's an anti-inflammatory, albeit a slight different one than the ones typically used (Rimadyl, Deramaxx, etc.) and I always think those are best given with food.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I've always given it to him with his morning food, but now he started not eating anything until 11:30 or so, that's why I was wondering whether just giving it to him at 7 with some peanut butter. But I could still give it to him at 11:30 or whenever he does get hungry; it's just that then he won't get the same beneficial effect for his morning walk.

I always try to give medicine with food unless specifically told not to (for people as well as animals) it just seems like a good idea. That said, Conner often skips breakfast in the summer, and I still give him his Gabapentin in the morning. It is wrapped in a piece of cheese, don’t know if that is enough to count as “food”. He has never had any issues.

You can do a small snack. I would do more than a dab of PB, but it doesn't have to be a full meal.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."