Houdini Muzzle

Is there a type of muzzle that is harder to get off? A friend has a Houdini who can get out of the regular plastic kind that you get with adoption.

Today she took her dew claw and flipped that muzzle off and caught a squirrel in seconds.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Slide a small snap over the muzzle strap and snap the muzzle to the D-ring of the collar.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

There's also a device called a "muzzle keeper" which is an extra plastic strap that loops through the head loop and the dog's collar and is supposed to help keep it from getting scraped off.

FWIW, I had a houdini dog too. Toni could get her muzzle off in about three seconds, and she would stand in the yard and watch me until I wasn't paying attention to her anymore. Then OFF went the muzzle and she set about to eating whatever she wanted - grass, dirt, cat poop, dog poop - :rolleyes: Getting a smaller muzzle didn't help. Attaching it to the D ring didn't help. The muzzle keeper was a joke - I turned around and saw her running around with her muzzle dangling from the keeper strap! Nothing worked with her. It was very frustrating as she was the one who needed it for playtime since she was a biter and nipper, and also an unembarrassed poop eater.

Tell your friend Good luck!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Like keeping a baby sock on thread: hot glue, duct tape, thumb tacks.....

I often wonder if the metal "cage" type would be more difficult for a dog that is used to plastic ones, or vise versa. What about a gentle leader or something similar? Just thinkin'. Little buggers huh?

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015