Need A New Puppy Food/ Gas And Itching

Our puppy is 15 weeks now and doing really well. Such a fun addition to our family, and Ruby is slowly coming around.

Having some food issues though. The place we got her was feeding Blue Buffalo, so we got a bag of that. She picks out all the little blueberry looking things and flings them on the floor. The vet said to switch, as the little things are the vitamins and minerals, and she makes a mess.Then we bought the Costco Grain Free Puppy, which she is not a fan of, and we are having trouble getting her to eat even the bare minimum suggested amount. The new vet gave us 2 bags of Science Diet Puppy, one grain free, the other not. She loves it, and wolfs it down, but the gas is peeling the paint off the walls. We did mix them to get her used to each new food slowly. Her gas started with the Science Diet, and got worse on the one with grain. She also seems to be scratching a lot on the Science Diet brand.

So, I am in the market for a delicious and all one shape puppy food. Preferably one that is small kibble, as she is tiny.

Should we go grain free ? Anything to stay away from ? Anything to look for ? New at this puppy thing, and there are hundreds to choose from. Would one with salmon oil help her itching ? The Science Diet is chicken, so not sure if that is the problem. Poops are perfect on all the foods so far.

Help !

Karen

the itching can be seasonal allergies.

also the foods can be too rich. the beans/peas and other "healthy ingredients" can be too much for her system. have you checked her worm status? go with something simple, try some plain boiled white rice with cooked ground beef or turkey until her tummy clears up. how about Iams for Purina Proplan(they have other than chicken recipes). Less grains/non-grains/fillers in both. But get her system nice and calm on rice first. Also, if it's an environmental itch- do not shampoo the pup and dry her skin out. Wipe her paws and coat down with wet paper towels.

Slow and easy and puppy food is not essential- i have never purchased puppy chow.

OK, thanks. I don't think it is from over bathing, she has just had one bath since we got her, and that was in the beginning.

I am not clear on the rice/boiled meat plan ? Is that to stop the toots ? Her poops are firm and easy to pick up, and she has tested negative for worms 3 X's, and had the series of worming when we brought her home. She is also on a topical for worms and fleas.

I know that all of the foods she has been fed so far do not contain corn, soy or (??? drawing a blank). I liked the Costco one, but she just doesn't seem to care for it.

I don't want another picky dog like Ruby, but I also want her to like what she is given.

Karen