Tick Boxes In The Yard For Pest Control

Does anyone use Natural Tick Boxes in their yard to help control infestations? We use Natural Yard/ home spray of cedar, clove and peppermint oils to help keep the populations down, but my husband saw something for a few minutes about Tick Boxes, and we were wondering how useful they are? We live in Maryland, next to a state park and that helps explain the situation.The commercial boxes are very expensive with the service. We can service ourselves. But was wondering if they work?

Haven't used them yet but did read about them. Interested to see whether anyone else has put them to use and what the results are. This year is the first year we are using cedar oil and I put down the first application over the weekend.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Saw that you can buy tick tubes on Amazon. One of the comments on Amazon was you can make the tubes yourself out of something like the right size pvc pipe and use the correct amount of Permethrin on cotton in the pipes/tubes, space appropriate distance apart . Permethrin is also sold on Amazon. Read all of the comments on both products. Ticks are just crazy here..

We put out Damminix Tick Tubes each spring and fall: http://ticktubes.com

The effect isn't immediate, but we've definitely noticed a decrease in ticks over the years.

ETA: The tubes contain permethrin-treated cotton balls, so you wouldn't want to use them where your greys could get at them. We put them outside our fence. Also, our greys wear muzzles with poop guards in the yard.

Edited by Victor

Just an FYI on the tick boxes if you are not aware, they are expensive. Depending on the size of your yard it can be $800-1000 for the season.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.