Cut By Eye

Does this need to be seen as an emergency, or can it wait until tomorrow? It looks bad, but doesn't seem to actually be bleeding right now. And does anyone have any idea what happened? I just noticed it a few minutes ago, and have no idea how it happened.

IMG_1443_zpsepf2dbix.jpg

77f6598d-2.jpg

My blog about helping Katie learn to be a more normal dog: http://katies-journey-philospher77.blogspot.com/

I personally probably wouldn't go to the vet. If you think it needs stitches, then you need to go now though.

ETA: Mine get cuts like that from time to time if they've been roughousing, fighting or running into things in the yard.

Edited by Brandiandwe

I agree it doesn't look like an emergency if the eye itself looks okay.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I would just make sure it was clean (would probably run a cotton ball with betadyne over it being careful not to get it in the eye) and then leave it alone. I would expect it to heal up pretty quick on its own.

I couldn't blow up the pic on my phone but can see it now that I'm on a computer, I think you can take care of this on your own. I agree with putting some ointment on the cut and make sure the eye stays clean. If you can get Natural Tears II drops, you can make sure the eye stays lubricated and clean too. Because it doesn't have any steroid, etc in it, it's safe to use in case that eye got bumped against something. I see a lot of white so the eye looks good to me.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Guest Cilla

Also Max got a similar cut, I think he cut himself while making zoomies in the yard. I just kept it clean and it healed in its own