Olewo Carrots

Guest nicola

So, I'm looking into getting the Olewo carrots for Merlin as he's still having very soft stool.

UK people, where do you order from? Does it have to be specifically Olewo brand or would any dehydrated carrot do the same job?
I've found some on eBay and in the local pet store marketed as a bird supplement and the ingredients are exactly the same (basically just dehydrated carrot!) it would just be easier to get a hold of and I think it works out cheaper.

Thanks!

While I don't know about shipping to the UK, but they are on Amazon.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

i couldn't get any down here in gloucester. i did grate a few normal carrots for poppy when she was a bit loose, not sure if it helped or not. bog standard tesco carrots are pretty bland tho, designed to look good and hold up to shipping, try some old fashioned green grocers, they may have different varieties, maybe even purple carrots (very high carotenoids).

all i found on amazon UK was a 2.5 kilo (a bit over 5lb.) sack of dog food with olewo carrots in it, for £25 plus £12 shipping from germany. have no idea what percentage the food has of the carrots, if any, or what the other ingredients are. doubt it's all carrot.

515oZqvuq4L.jpg

rich in natural carotin

olewo

carrots

food for all dog breeds

trimmed and pelletised (in the circle)

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

On Amazon I'd be looking at £24.89 for 2.5kg of carrots and £11.90 for the shipping. I can get dehydrated carrot from ebay for £10 for 1kg including the shipping.

I'm going to give it a try, dehydrated carrot is likely to be all the same :hehe

I contacted Olewo in Florida this morning, asking about a source in the UK.

Their response:

We don’t make the product, we are just the US Distributor – therefore Olewo USA. Olewo is made in Germany.

https://www.olewousa.com/manufacturing.aspx

Info about their product:

https://www.olewousa.com/whyChooseOlewoCarrots.aspx

Another email from the people at Olewo in Florida:

Mark,

All they need to do is search for Olewo in their country google.co.uk. I just did that and quickly found a listing.

Yes, we have a huge following of greyhound owners, and I am glad to hear you are happy with Olewo products.

Ina Schielke

Olewo USA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LazyBlaze

I'm in the UK and have bought Olewo carrots a few times from a website called Zoofast. They're based in Poland I think; I've found them to be quick, reliable and much less expensive than Amazon. They also had the Olewo beets last time I looked.