Winnie Suddenly Started Sleeping In

Guest whitefawn

Guest whitefawn

Hi all,

Winnie (who just turned 6 in March) has always been an early bird. For the past 3 years or more, she's always waked me up and dragged me out of bed for walks and breakfast around 6:30am, no matter what. Then suddenly, about one month ago, she started sleeping in, apparently for no reason, and now I'm the one having to drag her out of bed for her morning walk. Once she's out of the house, she acts normal, she just does not want to get up.

Has this happened to any of your hounds? Is there a reason to be concerned? Winnie had a blood test done yesterday, everything came back normal. She does not seem to be in pain, nor has any problem walking. She was on antibiotics for parasites some time ago, but that was before this sleeping-in onset.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Guest whitefawn

I thought about that... but we recently moved to South America, so there are no noticeable season changes here, it's always cool outside so I'm not sure this can explain it....