Preventic Collars - Human Safety

So following up on a previous thread, I just received Preventic tick collars from Amazon and put them on the dogs this morning. Seem to be working fine for them, no scratching or acting like they are uncomfortable. I was a bit worried about this since they are usually collarless in the house.

My question is - what precautions do you take for your own safety with them? Looking on the Internet seems like they are considered safe so long as not ingested (I think I can handle that :-) and so long as human contact is not prolonged (example given was don't use the dog's neck as your pillow). I do usually pet both dogs along the neck, sometimes for a few minutes at a time. I am thinking this is fine but maybe should wash my hands afterwards. Am I just being a hypochondriac on this or do others take precautions, and if so what?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

Well, the packaging is actually labelled 'Poison'... so...yes do be careful.

This will be our 3rd year using them and nobody in my family has ever had any sort of reaction.

My Grandkids are 8 and 10 and know enough not to touch the collars and not to put their hands in their mouth if they've been handling the dogs necks.

If I had toddlers/baby I might not use them at all.

Nixon and Nigel are both Therapy Dogs, and I remove theirs before we go visiting.

editied to say that the odour from the collar goes away after a couple of hours.

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg