New Fatal Disease Identified In Tx; Affects Heart

It’s already killed U.S. Military working dogs in Texas.

At Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, about 70 military working dogs have been infected in the last nine years.

Here's more info:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/Hidden-Threat-The-Kissing-Bug-Hundreds-of-Texas-Dogs-Infected-With-Deadly-Parasite-351156861.html

I saw that on NBC the other night. Looks like San Antonio (Bexer county) and surrounding areas are hardest hit. What can you do? Mine seldom go out at night except to take care of business and pop right back in, but I'd imagine the same would be true for the yorkie that had it here...

Odd the article says the disease hadn't been diagnosed in TX until recently but the Air Force statistics cite 70 dogs over nine years.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I saw that on NBC the other night. Looks like San Antonio (Bexer county) and surrounding areas are hardest hit. What can you do? Mine seldom go out at night except to take care of business and pop right back in, but I'd imagine the same would be true for the yorkie that had it here...

Odd the article says the disease hadn't been diagnosed in TX until recently but the Air Force statistics cite 70 dogs over nine years.

I guess they just now identified and confirmed what was going on.

I have no idea about dormancy in humans vs. dogs, but don't shoot the messenger.

My saying I'd be safe if it was dormant in humans for 30 years was a lame half hearted attempt at wry humor. Mea Culpa. :bow

The Dallas Morning News is doing a huge story on it in tomorrow's paper. Will share but certainly not venture any comment.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg