Sam-E/denosyl

NeylasMom

I want to start Zuri on sam-e to see if it helps with some issues we're having. I want to give a good quality controlled product, but would like to avoid the high cost of Denosyl. Also don't want a supplement with milk thistle since I am not looking to give it specifically for liver issues so that rules out the Vetri-science brand. I have been totally brain farting for several days now on the other brand of supplements I really like (it's driving me insane!!) so thought I'd come here to see if anyone can help me remember, or at least make suggestions on a good quality supplement. I'm not opposed to use a human supplement. What I may do is start him on the Denosyl and then if I think it's helping I can switch to another product and see if anything changes. Suggestions?

Thanks!

ETA: Finally remembered it! Standard Process. But doesn't appear that they make a sam-e supplement.

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

The Nutramax brand of Denamarin? I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for ...

No, Denamarin is the same as the Denosyl but with milk thistle added. Thanks though.

ETA: Nutramax makes both. The Denosyl is what I want, just not at that price ($45/mo at what's really a starting dose for a dog Z's size). But quality control in the supplement market is crap so I'm wary of using other brands that may not be pure sam-e. Usually I turn to Vetri-science or Standard Process, but in this case neither makes it. I think what I need is a suggestion on a human sam-e supplement that is known for good quality control/pure supplements if that makes it clearer what I'm asking?

Edited by NeylasMom

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Not sure you are going to find a standardized human product.

Yeah, that was my worry. <_<

Guess we will just try the Denosyl and see if there is any improvement from it. If there isn't then I won't have to worry. :P