Bumps On Greyhound

Guest beans

Our greyhound has little bumps all over his body. His hair covers them, but you can see the bump in his hair. When I pull back his hair to look at the bump I can't really see any type of head or redness, it's just a bump in his skin. He has them on his head, some on his sides and on top, along his spine. They're different sizes, some are pretty small, none are big, but big enough that when you look at him, you can see his fur protrude where the bump is. Any thoughts?

Pics would help.

Kasey had a few around his body, they were a bit bigger than pimples.

Have you tried to pop any and if so what is coming out of them? Have you been to a vet to check them out?

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Was it an acute onset? I would be afraid you're seeing hives-an allergic reaction to something. Vet visit please.

Agreed.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

No, I haven't tried popping them. I've seen them for a few weeks, however, I haven't seen as many as I noticed yesterday. Our local greyhound rescue place took him in for us this past weekend and they brought them up to our attention when we picked him up yesterday. They said they had a one that had something similar and used a specific shampoo on that greyhound and it went away after a few treatments.

okay, after looking at him some more, and your responses, I'm wondering if he isn't having a reaction to the tic medicine we've been giving him... Anyway, I took your advice and he goes into our vet Thursday morning..

Carl had some confounding bumps on his snout, ears and hocks. Vet couldn't figure out what they were. Had me give him Thuja pellets, 30cc pellets, 2 pellets per day and they cleared up in a month. Never came back. I switched him to raw soon thereafter and they never returned. Doodle has one now on top of her head, so I'm headed to the health food store for more Thuja to try it on her.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014