Adaptil Dap Collar For Dribbling When Urinating

Just got back from yet another ultrasound on my youngest Adam. He starts off having a full stream of urine and then it goes to a dribble and then after a few minutes (yes, a few minutes), it returns to almost full stream. He has been like this on and off since he adopted me. Some times it's worse than others, currently it's not bad. He has had bloodwork, prostrate exam, urinalysis, urine cultures, and ultrasounds -- all of which are not showing anything remarkable. He has had his regular vet exam him and an internist and neither are finding anything of note.

Today, the vet and I are leaning towards thinking that it might be stress (or hyper) induced and because of this, will next try "Rescue Remedy" along with the Adaptil DAP collars. Has anyone used the Adaptil DAP collars and if yes, what was your experience. I noted from the description and reviews on Amazon that some people have used it for SA.

I use Adaptil collars on my dogs any time they board or have other major stresses (basically just boarding when I go away, or when we moved across the country I used them as well).

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

I used it for SA and it did work wonders. At the time Jack was crated and almost all "bad behaviors" stopped. They returned after about the end of the 3rd week.

Then we tried the diffuser and we had the same results. If it is stress related, it might just work quite well! I was very skeptical at first but then when we open the bag containing the collar, Jack kept sniffing around so there is definitely something about it!

Edited by locket

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

My experience is it either works or it doesn't and you'll know pretty quickly. For Zuri's SA it's been very helpful. Collar usually needs changed every 4 weeks like clockwork for Z. If I forget, I'm reminded with the return of his symptoms, including peeing in his crate.

Other natural options for stress are Composure chews or l-thiamine supplement.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to update how the Adaptil collar worked -- did not see any appreciable difference while we were using the collar. Although, a few months later it does seem that maybe he is emptying his bladder better but, hard to say whether this is from the collar -- maybe it has a delayed effect.