Greyhound-Savvy Vet Nearer To Squirrel Hill Neighborhood Of Pittsburgh

Hi all! That's right, my crew is imminently moving to Pittsburgh, PA, and we want to get a vet lined up before we arrive. I saw the recommendation for VCA Northview hospital in the greytalk vet list, but that's pretty far from where we'll be living in Squirrel Hill. If anyone has any recommendations for greyhound-savvy vets that don't require a bridge or a tunnel, I would love to hear it!

8409816506_4027b1afc8.jpg

Batman (racing name CTW Battle Plan) adopted May 2011, passed away July 2017

Buffy (racing name CTW Bathsheba) adopted Oct 2012, passed away March 2022

Can't help you on the vet, but from the three days I spent in Pittsburgh, plan on it taking 3x longer than you think to get anywhere. The traffic is horrific! But it's a great city. A real hidden gem. Clean, friendly people--who knew???

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Wooo! We live about 30 minutes outside of Pittsburgh. Squirrel Hill is probably the nicest neighborhood in the city proper.

I don't have a recommendation for a vet, I'll ask around. :)

I just thought of something. Steel City Greyhounds uses Point Breeze Veterinary for all their spays, neuters, dentals, etc. Although, I can't vouch personally for them, I do know Dr. Gerson is quite familiar with greys. And it's just a hop, skip, and a jump from Squirrel Hill.

Edited by a_daerr