Boiled Flax Seed Water

Guest Georgiajed

Guest Georgiajed

We have a foster who recently experienced explosive diahreah several weeks ago before coming to stay with us. We are in the process of transitioning from a vet recommended SD prodcut to a kikirkland salmon product.

Our foster has done well for the first two weeks of the very slow transition; however the dreaded D has begun to reappear

A friend told us about boiling flax seeds in water, and using the strained water to soothe an iritated stomach lining. Does anyone have experience with this. We are considering adding small amounts of flax seed water to the kibble.

Thanks

What I would do is check, recheck. and double recheck for hookworms. And I would probably buy wormer from AU and worm the crap out of him anyway. Hooks are slippery little suckers and often do not present in stool. No clue why, as I avoid stool and worms if at all possible. :lol :lol

Anyway, that's what I would do, based on my experience. Good luck.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I have no experience of flax seed, but slippery elm bark powder has worked well here, for an irritated stomach lining. But like GreyTzu I would worm as well.

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.