Flea, Tick & Heartworm: Certifect & Interceptor Spectrum

I was reading an older thread on here and a member called Bean_Scotch said this is what she was using. Well I tried to message her but it says she can't receive anymore messages. So I thought I would ask in a thread. I checked it out on www.bestvaluepetsupplies.com and was just wondering if anyone else has used this website and/or used the above meds for flea, tick, and heartworm prevention.

Edited by FluffyDuff

We tried Certifect in July 2012, and both our greys had bad reactions, including lethargy, vomiting, and severe diarrhea that lasted for days. Certifect is essentially Frontline Plus with the addition of amitraz. The symptoms our greys displayed were very similar to those of amitraz toxicity. I think part of the problem may be the grooming our dogs do; they may have inadvertently ingested enough of the amitraz to make them sick. Given that amitraz toxicity commonly occurs when dogs ingest Preventic Amitraz Tick Collars, this would seem to make sense.

You can read some of the bad reactions others' dogs have had with Certifect here:

http://www.amazon.com/Certifect-Dogs-45-88-month-supply/product-reviews/B005LQSF00/ref=pr_all_summary_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Merial states that Certifect should not be used on dogs with "diabetes or heart problems". They also warn against using Certifect on dogs that are "medicated, debilitated, aged or obese". Even people who have diabetes or are taking an MAOI should apparently not touch Certifect.

Guest Bean_Scotch

Hello...I'm here! I also cleaned out my inbox too! Yes, I use Certifect and Interceptor Spectrum...still do. Never had a problem with anything. I'm actually using both Frontline Plus and Certifect alternating every other month...I've got 4 Greyhounds, a Saluki and a border collie...no vermin here or reactions to the products!

Edited by Bean_Scotch

I use this company all of the time I need heartworm or dewormers. The cost is left than half I pay at our vets, but then I live in Ontario where everything is a lot more expensive than the US, so I'm not sure how much you save. I've never had a problem ordering from Australia and my order always arrives in less than a week.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross