Well, Knowing Me, This Was Bound To Happen At Some Point

Just tried to remove a used needle from the line on a bag of fluids that still has 500ml left in it for Aston's dose tomorrow night, and yep! as I was twisting the capped needle to take it off, hand slipped, just took the cover off instead, and the recoil jabbed the 18ga needle into the side of my gloved finger and back out in a flash. Thought it wasn't bleeding much judging by the little bit of blood that came out of the hole in the glove, until I took the glove off. WOOH! Needle actually went through the side of my finger and barely dinged the next finger over. Squished my finger for awhile under running water, then cleansed it and sprayed it with bactine, waited for that to dry, put antibiotic ointment on it, and bandaged it.

I guess I'm glad Aston's current on his rabies.. though we DID treat with doxy in case he had an undetected tick-borne disease in Feb :(

this is why I shouldn't be allowed to have sharp things.
On a related note, at least tetanus isn't a concern, since I managed to merit two tetanus boosters in 2011 :whiteflag

Welp, so much for "barely dinging" my middle finger... tried to leave my index finger out of it and use the rest of my fingers to lift a jug of laundry detergent this morning... OWWWW. I gave my middle finger the dirtiest look ever :lol
There's bruising all around the pokeholes everywhere. Needles aren't kidding around! but hey, at least it was so sharp that everything was said and done by the time I yelled OW the first time. I feel a little less awful poking through just Aston's skin, not the layers underneath.. :blush