Trifexis

Did anyone see the recent news report on Trifexis that has killed more than 700 dogs. Had any one heard if this is a true story or a fake. I'm concern because I just put my dog on this. After seeing this I'm thinking about going back to heartgard or triheart. Any thoughts?

Kristen mom to-

Sp FancyPants (Fanny)- 4.20.12 Adopted 3.8.14

Rico's Maggie (Maggie)- 12.3.12 Adopted 1.21.15

Nothing recent about it. it's an old report from last Fall. If you search the site for "Trifexis" there are already several threads about it.

It was picked up by a news station in Indiana (I think) and quickly made the rounds of the internet. The story died pretty quickly.

As with any pet medication, you need to research and make your own decision. I was going to take Rocket off of it when the reports surfaced, but checking further and talking with out Vet, she still thought it was the best option for us.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Well I mean I work for a vet that uses it but thats was quite scary to read about. I honestly dont believe everything u find online or in the news that's why I wanted to see if anyone has heard anything different

Kristen mom to-

Sp FancyPants (Fanny)- 4.20.12 Adopted 3.8.14

Rico's Maggie (Maggie)- 12.3.12 Adopted 1.21.15

This topic has come up a couple times before. Here's a link to the last thread where I posted links to a couple of the earlier threads as well:

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/305160-trifexis-not-safe-news/

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

I don't use Trifexis just because what I'm using works. My favorite saying, "If it works don't fix it." Just because it is new doesn't necessarily mean it is better.