Cgc At 15 Months

Guest Darnshesfast

Guest Darnshesfast

Hello all,

My name is Isaac and I've been reading this forum for quite some time. I appreciate everyone's support and all in the topics. My wife and I got our pup from a breeder in CA at 7 weeks. She is now 15 months old and just recently got her AKC CGC. Our next step with her is to make her into a therapy dog and spread her joy to others. How many in here have made theirs into therapy dogs, what organizations were used and how did the people on the other end react?

Guest CaityRose

Hi! I'm new too. My Dad just got their greyhound approved to be a therapy dog. At first it's been hard for him to get places to get back to him, or maybe they already have dogs that come in regularly. So far he has gone to a few places, including having children read to dogs and he's really enjoying the experience as well as the doggy :)

I have been doing therapy dog work with my greys for about 16 years. We have visited a hospital, any number of long-term care facilities, a locked psychiatric unit, a library reading program and the Family Assistance Centers at Liberty State Park and Pier 94 after 9/11. I am currently visiting a veterans' home and a facility that has an alzheimers unit and an assisted living wing. Some facilities I visited weekly, some monthly. My dogs have been certified by TDI,International, in NJ, and TDI,Inc here in Delaware.

Guest amethyst

We are new Hospice volunteers. My 7 yr old greyhound has been registered with Therapy Dogs, Inc (TD Inc) since January this year. The patients really enjoy seeing a big flashy greyhound walk in to their rooms.

Maddie is a therapy dog. We go to the library where kids read to her, assisted living and the children's hospital in Charlotte. We are registered with TDI Inc

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Both Nixon and Nigel are certified through St John Ambulance.

Nixon has been visiting at the local old age home for 3 years. This is his second year to be a reading dog at a local school.

Nigel started visiting the old age home last year.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest Bean_Scotch

I have a Certified Therapy Dog, and am also an Evaluator for Therapy Dogs International. Having a Therapy Dog is a wonderful thing, just be sure to do your research on the organization that your getting certified through...I'm a 100% believer in Therapy Dogs International. I've had some horrendous experiences with Therapy Dogs Incorporated and Delta society dogs...including bites to both humans and other dogs from 'certified' dogs....

Cody was a therapy dog. She tolerated going to nursing homes & assisted living places (mainly where my dad was, and one other). She would let people pet her then, after about 20 minutes, would flop in the middle of the floor and stay there till it was time to go! There were cockers who came on a different day than us and people always wanted her to chase a ball... yeah, RIGHT!! But the residents all loved her!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge