Shakes Leg

I just noticed recently that when Franny is standing, her back right leg will start to shake. I first noticed it a few weeks ago when she was getting some pets from my friend, but I didn't think anything of it at the time. Then it happened again at the vets, but I thought it was because she was nervous. Now I've noticed it seems to be happening more often. She just turned 10, so I don't know if it's an old dog thing, or if it's something I need to be more concerned about. It does make me a little nervous since I lost both my boys to osteo.

The topic is supposed to be shakey leg, but I can't edit it.

Edited by Rustyroo

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Angel Suze used to do the same thing but no one was ever able to determine why it was happening. She had other health issues, but they didn't appear to be connected to the leg shake which eventually spread to both back legs. I think it used to annoy the heck out of her because she would be looking for a place to lay down as the vibrations increased in volume.

If Franny is coming due for a checkup, a CBC and SuperChem Panel should ease your mind about an organic cause.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Make sure the vet checks for spine and/or hip issues. These kinds of things seem to be nerve related most often.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly