Depo Medrol And Panting

If the panting is from the depo it will subside as the drug wears off. Another thought-he may have overdone his activity?-sometimes as they feel better they become more active and in turn do more than they should.

Forgot to ask--is he pu/pd (polyuria/polydipsia)--fancy words for urinating and drinking excessively??

Edited by tbhounds

Tracy, no on both counts. We have been diligent about the water intake/output and it's totally the same. Just the panting...

Humm-I would think if the depo was the cause of the panting you would find him pu/pd too--may not be the depo. If he's eating and acting otherwise well I would see how he is in the next few days. It was warmer here lately-any chance he's just hot??

Tracy, eating, peeing and pooping normal. Could his back hurt from the injection? My knee was sore for a few days after my cortisone shot. He's resting comfortably now. I turned the heat down a little, hoping that helps.

Forgot to mention, he is not the most stoic dog I've ever met...

Edited by Newgreymom

Glad he's better. You can used either Prilosec or Pepcid. Many clinicians are still happy with Pepcid for minor tummy upset. I have used Prilosec in the past when one of my hounds was taking medications known to be hard on the tummy (OSU prescribed it). Can I assume you are giving 20mgs/day? Did you think the panting was associated with tummy upset?