The Perfect Spot

Guest grey_dreams

Guest grey_dreams

Zariel is a dog that has to find the perfect spot to do his business. Not only that, but he has to get a certain kind of groove going, where he gets a certain amount of tension on the leash, and swings his butt just so, for just so long, and then does several half-circles while zeroing in on the spot. If the required butt swing happens to fall on the wrong side for the given distance, or the required distance falls short by one step, or a leaf falls, or the wind blows, then everything comes to a halt, and has to start up from the beginning again :lol

I always thought it was just part of his weirdness :) But no. New research now shows that he is responding to nuances in the orientation and flux of the earth's magnetosphere.

Who would have thought?

:lol

:lol I was just wondering about that in another thread. Who thought up those experiments in the first place and, who funded that study?? :youcrazy

Zariel has quite the technique :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest grey_dreams

:lol I was just wondering about that in another thread. Who thought up those experiments in the first place and, who funded that study?? :youcrazy

Zariel has quite the technique :lol

Oh, I wish you could see him, it's so funny. But if I tried to catch it with my camera, it would probably throw off his groove :lol

The study was funded by the Czech Academy of Sciences :)

Oh, I wish you could see him, it's so funny. But if I tried to catch it with my camera, it would probably throw off his groove :lol

The study was funded by the Czech Academy of Sciences :)

:lol Not something you want to mess with, sotospeak

Good grief :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Allie does the spin, spin, spin, shift to stance, spin, spin, backup, spin, backup-to-the-left, backup-to-the-right... obnoxious dance nowadays. Monty and I just pray that she doesn't get distracted and forget what she was going to do and have to start again in a new spot (because it's COLD out there these days!). Monty just "bellies up to the bar" (he doesn't like stepping into the snow, so he just gets as close to the snowbank as possible) and squats. His concern is that his urine ends up in only the exact, totally perfect, spot.

Guest Wasserbuffel

Jayne must not be very sensitive to the magnetosphere. She always faces West in the yard when she poops, because she likes to face the fence when she's going.