Best Vitamin And Mineral Supplement?

Guest grey_dreams

Guest grey_dreams

I'm looking for the best multivitamin and multimineral supplement out there. It's especially for Zariel, who has had two malignant melanomas, so I'm starting him on a course of herbal supplements. Once it's in the house, I'm sure that I will give it to Zhivaya as well.

I find a lot of positive reviews of Sold Gold Seameal. If you use a multivitamin/multimineral supplement, which one do you like best?

Thanks in advance :)

Guest elizabeth7418

I've been giving Addy "Animal Essentials Herbal Multivitamin" (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002AYL6M/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1). My mom bought the "Real Food for Real Dogs" cookbook that STOLA (The Saluki Tree of Live Alliance) published earlier this year, and that's what they recommend in the book in terms of multivitamins. Addy finally licks her bowl clean after every meal, and she has never done that. I also supplement with NOW Foods brand bone meal and chia seeds (also recommended in the book).

My understanding is that if you're already feeding a nutritionally balanced food supplements are not going to do anything useful and risk overdosing the dog on certain vitamins. I hope you are consulting with a vet.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest grey_dreams

My understanding is that if you're already feeding a nutritionally balanced food supplements are not going to do anything useful and risk overdosing the dog on certain vitamins. I hope you are consulting with a vet.

Thanks for your concern. No, I will not be overdosing my dogs.

Joining the Yahoo group Circle of Grey might give you insight into supplements that others have used for melanomas and/or other cancers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest grey_dreams

Joining the Yahoo group Circle of Grey might give you insight into supplements that others have used for melanomas and/or other cancers.

Thank you! He's getting curcumin, antioxidants and anti-free radicals, IP6+myo-inositol that also contains calcium and magnesium (given once a day in-between meals), and an immune complex (Berte's Immune Blend). They already get a raw green superfood (Garden of Life) for alkalinity, and Iceland Pure sardine and anchovy oil.

I'll check out Circle of Grey to see if there are other tips. Thank you.

Edited by grey_dreams

Thank you! He's getting curcumin, antioxidants and anti-free radicals, IP6+myo-inositol that also contains calcium and magnesium (given once a day in-between meals), and an immune complex (Berte's Immune Blend). They already get a raw green superfood (Garden of Life) for alkalinity, and Iceland Pure sardine and anchovy oil.

I'll check out Circle of Grey to see if there are other tips. Thank you.

Thanks so much for posting what you are giving. I am going to check their products on Amazon.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest grey_dreams

Thanks so much for posting what you are giving. I am going to check their products on Amazon.

Thank you. I have a Ph.D. in biochemistry, and have worked in cell biology and biophysics for almost 25 years. I routinely read medical papers, and did a self-study course on homeopathy. After Zariel's second tumor, I wanted to try to stack the odds in his favor, so spent three days doing research and reading papers. This was the plan I came up with for now. We are implementing it slowly and carefully, and will certainly make adjustments as we go.

I consulted with GHAWP last year after his first tumor. With clean surgical margins, they don't recommend any other treatments including chemo or radiation.

Edited by grey_dreams

I had been giving Animal Essentials Herbal Multivitamin, but it keeps getting more and more expensive, especially for two dogs. I go back and forth between Only Natural Pet Super Daily Canine Multivitamin (it is very low in iodine - important to keep hypothyroid dogs on little to no iodine if they are on Soloxine). My vet (who treats homeopathically as well as Western medicine) has given this one, the Animal Essentials and Pet Naturals of Vermont Daily Best the nod. I don't give them all, but rotate them.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest grey_dreams

Burpdog, do you know where I can find the ingredients for Dog Bloom Kalac M38?

That one they don't specify. Maybe you could contact them to ask? They say that they will calculate exactly how much you need to use if you send them the ingredients of your current food.

That one they don't specify. Maybe you could contact them to ask? They say that they will calculate exactly how much you need to use if you send them the ingredients of your current food.

LOL, thanks, I did email them yesterday asking for information on the ingredients and amount of each ingredient. When I get the information I will post here!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014