Hill's J/d

The Sunday vet I went to last week gave me an 8# sample bag of j/d. Both she and my vet said it was one of the most expensive foods out there - $27.99 for 8 pounds. My vet said he wasn't crazy about it (mark it down - a vet that doesn't like a Hill's product)and if you didn't use it up fast enough the fish oils break down.

I opened it tonight to start mixing it in. OMG...it was like walking through a cannery _ he was right about the fish oil. Even if I wanted to pay $3.50 a pound for kibble I couldn't stand the smell. :sick

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I love Hill's J/D. I've fed it to Summit for almost 3 years. He loves it. Best poops I can get on it. Beautiful coat. He limps less on his arthritic leg.

I wanted to feed Kili all sorts of other foods. I tried a Purina 30/20 because she's so active and was looking REALLY skinny for awhile. She was "meh" about it. I tried to feed her Orijen 6 Fish - she was extremely MEH about the stuff. Kept trying to steal Summit's food from his bowl. Finally relented and started mixing her Orijen 50/50 with the J/D which got her eating. Now she's on 100% J/D and hasn't skipped a meal since. Was having issues with on and off diarrhea before no matter what I fed her. Now, no problems.

Don't care what anyone thinks about Hill's products. This SPECIFIC Hill's food... I love.

And... I actually really like the smell when I open a fresh bag of food. :blush

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!