Trainer Changes His Mind, Our Dog Won't Be Coming This Weekend.

Guest Marie

Well, Chase's littlermate was supposed to be coming to us this sunday but on last thursday, one day before he was neutered, his trainer took him our to the track and he injured an ankle a little (or so we are told).

His trainer wants to try and heal him and give him a last chance to perform and if it swells up again, he will be put up for adoption.

It sounds like such a weird story I know, but that's the information we are getting. I looked on greyhound-data and he indeed went from (for adoption) to nothing.

So we will wait until our adoption group's next haul which is in november and hope that Cayenne Hurricane will go back to the adoption kennel.

It's a sad weekend for us :(

Well, drat. Hope he will get home to you in November!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sorry your boy's arrival was delayed, and I hope his leg heals up well (with no increased chance of arthritis in his advanced years). Maybe he had been given one last chance to show if he had "what it takes" and gave a good showing and he wants to give him another chance to compete. It is sad for you that his way to you was delayed, though.

Sorry your boy's arrival was delayed, and I hope his leg heals up well (with no increased chance of arthritis in his advanced years). Maybe he had been given one last chance to show if he had "what it takes" and gave a good showing and he wants to give him another chance to compete. It is sad for you that his way to you was delayed, though.

That's what I am thinking, they want to give him an other chance. It's just surprising they would make that decision after agreeing to adopt him out. It sure is a bummer, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess. :)

Well, drat. Hope he will get home to you in November!

Thank you! I hope so too! Keeping fingers crossed.