Peeing In House Out Of The Blue

Guest shadow

Guest shadow

I've had my grey for nearly 2 months and in that time he has had zero accidents. For the first time ever, I left him uncrated on Saturday and Sunday and I returned with no issues. I left for work Monday and left him uncrated, I returned home to 3 puddles in the family room.

Last night he slept through the night, but then went downstairs at 7am, and peed in the living room again. I'd like to add that he is still peeing in the backyard, so it doesn't appear to be anything he's afraid of out there. He started a fish oil supplement Sunday and I am transitioning him over to a new food too (50/50 mix right now). I have stopped the fish oil supplement just as a precaution. No accidents since 7am this morning.

Any ideas? He is not in any discomfort and is acting normally otherwise

thanks

Guest Clawsandpaws

I would bring a urine sample to the vet, sudden peeing could be a sign of a UTI. Try to collect the first pee of the morning. Have you noticed if the urine is dark in color or has a strong odor?

Guest lulafortune

The same thing happenend to me and my male greyhound a few months after adoption. I mistakenly blamed it on new behavioral issues and was at my wit's end. I took a urine sample to the vet which produced no significant results. The vet then swabbed some discharge from his penis and we realized he had a urethral infection (different from a UTI) and I belive he called it Urethritis. We put him on a 2 week course of Cephalexin and he literally stopped peeing the next day after he had been peeing in the house for weeks. It did come back once again after and we needed a second dose of antibitotics but we have been good for months now.

During this time he seemed otherwise totally normal although I noticed he would pee for a longer time out in the yard and the stream seemed weaker then normal.

I know it can be stressful when they keep going in the house...Hopefully you figure it out!

How do I get a sample? He peed in his crate today! He was crated for 6 hours while I was at work

I carefully tape a paper cup on the end of a yard stick. Lots of tape. Then I pour it into a small plastic container with lid from the Dollar Store. They come in a package 4 for $1.00.

I'm sure other people will have different idea's.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest Marsroving

If he is peeing in his crate something is WRONG. I would take action sooner than later.

My ex roommates chihuahua almost died from a kidney infection that was mistaken as a behavioral issues/urination due to s.a.

Edited by Marsroving