Vca Hospital West La

Guest badderh

Guest badderh

Has anyone gone here before? Or has anyone gone to the VCA hospitals in the LA area?

Need to find a new vet for my boys in the west LA area, I have an appointment for an exam tomorrow to see if I care for them any, but would like to get any opinions on the VCA of west LA if anyone has ever gone there.

Or if you have a suggestion for a grey friendly vet in West LA that'd be great too, I checked the greytalk vet list and didn't see any listed for LA.

Edited by badderh

I took Pixie there to see an orthopedic surgeon, so I don't know if that counts for what you want. The building is very nice (they had just moved into it when she went in for her second surgery). Dr. Charette is excellent, if you need an ortho surgeon.

77f6598d-2.jpg

My blog about helping Katie learn to be a more normal dog: http://katies-journey-philospher77.blogspot.com/

VCA clinics in LA are way overpriced and they really try to push extra stuff you don't need. Dr Richard Palmquist at Centinela Animal Hospital is supposed to be amazing and good with greyhound. He is also a holistic vet, I've never heard a negative thing about him. If I lived over on that side of town he is who I would go to. Sorry I can't post the link I'm on my phone and it won't paste, you can just Google him.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

heather, check with dani and see what vet she takes carson and maisie to since she's in santa monica.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest lynne893

Terrific vet at Beverly Hills Small Animal Hospital-- Dr. Suehiro (http://www.bhsah.com/about/) and great vets at Bay Animal Hospital on Sepulveda in Manhattan Beach - esp Dr. Godell (http://www.bayanimalhosp.com/our_staff.html).

Bay Animal Hospital is a little further South than the VCA. I think we've only gone to the VCA emergency rooms over the years. I'd agree that they're very profit-oriented.

Highly recommend either of the vets above. Dr. Suehiro just did a fabulous (and fairly affordable) dental w extractions for my Greta recently.

Good luck!