Need Help Quick! E Vet Worthy?

Poor Henry. This too reminds me of something very similar that happened to Beanie.

It started with an angry red area near the joint that morning.

2011-04-21_16-20-10_381-1.jpg

By the time I was able to make arrangements just a few hours later to get her to the vet her leg from toe to thigh was extremely swollen. Here in this picture you can see how swollen her left rear leg was compared to the right.

2011-04-21_16-19-35_77.jpg

I feel for Henry because I can still remember Beanie's cries and know how excruciatingly painful for her this was. A few days later this area burst open, which led us to believe it had been a spider bite.

2011-04-24_20-15-43_521.jpg

Dusty had a brown recluse bite (nearest we could figure). Her symptoms were really different from Henry's, though. It started overnight - in the morning she wouldn't eat or walk. She never cried, but it was obvious she was in pain. The vet gave her antibiotics and told us to rinse with epsom-salt water once it opened up. And shoo once it opened :puke But it healed up well after that.

:goodluck for Henry's quick recovery!

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

The leg looks much better, but for whatever reason, he seems to be in more pain. I'm thinking the antibiotics are working, and he's getting some of that 'feels worse before it gets better' stuff. But I do think we're on the upswing.