Treats

Guest greytgrandma

Guest greytgrandma

my huisband's Aunt recently had to have their lab mix put down. They had some bags of treats left but Im not sure I want to give them to Roman & Millie.

Snausages in a blanket & pup peroni beef flavor sticks. It does not say on the bags where they are made so I am thinking they are probly made in China.

Anyone know anything about these treats/ Good or bad ?

I wouldn't feed that kind of stuff to Beth (but she has a sensitive stomach). Read the ingredients on that kind of thing, ick. Of course I don't eat junky processed food myself, either. I mean I'm sure it won't kill them, millions of dogs across America eat those treats, though if Milk Bones give Roman gas I bet he has a picky tummy.

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

My sister gives my dogs a bag of the pupperoni sticks every year for X-mas. It is doggy junk food but one every once in a while won't hurt. Mine have never shown any ill effects, gas or otherwise, but that is with one stick. They clearly "taste" good though :hehe

siggy2.jpg

Guest greytgrandma

I figured they are doggie junk food. Aunt & Uncle's poor dog was morbidly obese,They fed her anything and everything. What ever they had for supper or lunch or snack the dog ate plenty of. I saw them throw her whole boneless prok chop from the table, all the turky skin from thanksgiving turkey.handfulls of treats .....I was surprised the dog lived to be almost 10.

So Ill leave these junk foods over at Josh's tomorrow. Angie can give them one once in a while for a special snack.

I prefer to give them purina snaps,and the ocaasional milky bone(smelly fart bonz :hehe )

Edited by greytgrandma

I wouldn't feed them to my dog, greyhound or not. Sugar and/or corn syrup is far too high in the ingredient list for me. At least, it was the last time I looked -- I can't imagine that the recipe has changed. I agree with the other posters, though, that once in a while (I'd prefer once in a LONG while myself) won't hurt. But I'd definitely be brushing some doggy teeth that night.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest undergreysspell

Not sure about Sausages but Pup peroni contains red dye 40 which some greys can't tolerate. It can cause loose stools and allergies so I routinely read the label ingredients and don't buy anything that contains this dye just to be safe.