Health Insurance - Worth It?

Guest lucylei

With all of these services, how does one submit claims? Do you have to mail the invoices in? Can you scan and email them? I saw someone said with HP they emailed...that sounds like a nice efficient way to do things!

Miss Carrie is 14 and came to me with a slew of pre-existing conditions and Ace, Fritz, Pinky, and Sutra were all here before pet insurance was widely used (if at all), so, by the time I knew anything about it, they all had pre-existing conditions and were older.

However, the next pup I adopt, I will likely insure. Sounds like Healthy Paws is the way to go!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trupanion for Iker and my cat costs $65 per month with $1000 deductible. It was $150/ month when Treasure was alive. They sent me a cheque for $10 after Treasure was sent to the bridge even though I never made a claim. Can't figure that one out, but the customer service person was very sweet when I canceled Treasure's coverage.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

With all of these services, how does one submit claims? Do you have to mail the invoices in? Can you scan and email them? I saw someone said with HP they emailed...that sounds like a nice efficient way to do things!

Miss Carrie is 14 and came to me with a slew of pre-existing conditions and Ace, Fritz, Pinky, and Sutra were all here before pet insurance was widely used (if at all), so, by the time I knew anything about it, they all had pre-existing conditions and were older.

However, the next pup I adopt, I will likely insure. Sounds like Healthy Paws is the way to go!

From what I saw last night when I joined, HP has an online form, or at least you can get the form through your online account. Not sure about the other companies, but HP lets you upload a picture of each pet. :) kinda corny/kinda cute.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

healthy paws has a custom claim form you can generate for your pet online. i then fill it out, get it stamped by my vet, attach the invoice, scan them, and then email them in. i usually get an email stating that my claim has been processed within and hour or two. it is extremely simple.

Trupanion for Iker and my cat costs $65 per month with $1000 deductible. It was $150/ month when Treasure was alive. They sent me a cheque for $10 after Treasure was sent to the bridge even though I never made a claim. Can't figure that one out, but the customer service person was very sweet when I canceled Treasure's coverage.

If the insurance company collects its monthly premium the first of the month, they're collecting for the next month. If the covered pet doesn't die right on the first of the next month, the insurance company will owe you a refund for the part of the month you prepaid but didn't need coverage. Most insurance companies are good about refunding that partial month's fee automatically.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)