Help! Jimmy Won't Eat

Guest starr511

Guest starr511

It's have been 3 days now and Jimmy, age 6 won't eat. What do I do? I don't think he is sick because I had a sample of Natural Balance Food Roll and he scarfed that down. We feed Acana with Wysong soft. We tried Acana with different types of soft and nothing. He just stands by his bowl and looks at us with stink-eye. Any suggestions??? I am worring because he is skinny as it is.

Thanks in advance.

Have him tested for Kidney disease... take along a fresh morning catch of urine to be tested.

All you can do for now is feed him something tasty when you eat as this may help with a pack-sharing response. An otherwise healthy dog will definitely not starve itself.

I keep some cans of Evanger's Organic Chicken on hand for those times that kibble is refused. Have never had the canned food turned down, and we can usually re-start with kibble in a day or two if there's nothing major going on.

The non-organic chicken or the chicken and rice is also a hit here, and both are little more stinky and enticing. There is nothing in the Organic Chicken except Chicken, Water, and a little bit of Guar Gum as a stabilizer. I also use it in place of cooking chicken when there's an upset tummy or Big D. It is not for long term feeding, but works when other foods aren't acceptable for whatever reason.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest starr511

Just got home from the pet food store. We bought Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Daily Boost. Anyone ever try this? Pros/cons? Sprinkled it on his morning food and the stink-eye was back. Maybe I should just get a different hard kibble? They recommended Nature's Variety kibble with raw added to it? Anyone use this? I have to take a cat to the vet on Monday so will take a urine sample with me. He has an appointment on Thursday for his yearly physical/shots. Hopefully he is eatting by then.

Will check into the Evanger's Organic Chicken too. Is that kibble or canned?

Thanks!