Stealing Stuff....

Guest Isabella

Guest memadeit

My female will take who evers stuff of the person she isn't happy with. (And yes she does do it). Then she will ignore you afterwards.

Guest Isabella

My female will take who evers stuff of the person she isn't happy with. (And yes she does do it). Then she will ignore you afterwards.

Now that is funny :hehe

My first greyhound, Frostman, would collect my clothes and shoes and lay on them on his bed when I first adopted him. It seems like he stopped doing it after 6 or 7 months. He never chewed on anything, just took it to his bed and slept with it. :wub:

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest FreeholdHound

Harry collected odd random small things & shirts when we 1st got him a year ago & hid it all under his bed. He stopped a while ago but just grabbed my moms knitting yarn the other night for some reason. The only thing he ever destroyed was my daughters hearing aid (that was a $2000 hard lesson learned).

Guest Scouts_mom

I've always wondered if this stealing is because at the track/farms the dogs don't have anything of their own. Then they get into a home and realize that they can claim things.

Luna used to be a collector when she first came home. I would find all kinds of strange things stashed under her pillow or in her crate. She also used to like to scatter my coasters all around the house, so when I needed one, it felt like an Easter egg hunt.

I find the hoarding pretty adorable as well. Have fun with your Izzy, she sounds like a trip!

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

Allie, our keeshond, has something for my husband's athletic shoes. She never chews on them, she just carries them around and deposits them elsewhere. Now that it's winter and they get left in the kitchen when we go to bed she'll be in her dog bed in the bedroom, whine a bit, get up and go get a drink, and come back in and drop his shoe with a loud THUNK before lying on her bed for the night. She has also been known to do the opposite: take a shoe or two out of the bedroom and leave them in the living room or kitchen (as a tripping hazard).

We have a tile that was designed with her in mind. It says: "I have information pertaining to the whereabouts of your shoe"

Truman is a cleptomaniac. He steals anything and everything, then takes it out the dog door. An incomplete list includes: shoes, undergarments, electronics, bed pillows, tupperware, utensils, oven mits, remote controls, magazines, the mail, bags of flour, toilet paper, cardboard boxes, DBF's retainer, K-Cups, banana peels, toothpaste, cat toys... the list goes on and on.

We have a clepto too! Sometimes he piles the items up in his crate neatly. But yes--books, coffee mugs, remote controls, empty gum packs, toilet paper, bras, and :ohno tampons have all been found...

The only ones he likes to chew are books.... except the one rogue wine glass he chewed, which ended in a panic.

Now we are okay with him stealing things occasionally, but keep the potentially dangerous goods closely guarded.

I think its kind of a cute habit...

siggie_zpse3afb243.jpg

Bri and Mike with Boo Radley (Williejohnwalker), Bubba (Carlos Danger), and the feline friends foes, Loois and Amir