Help! Accidently Overdosed Non-Grey

My boyfriends 15-20 lb beagle mix went in to be neutered today. I was supposed to give HALF of the 57MG Previcox tablet at 8:00.. but I gave him the whole thing! I feel like such an **! He started looking really dopey and that's when it hit me that I gave him the whole thing.. do I need to do anything??? Will he be ok, just really doped up??

Edited by DevilDog

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

This is from the product description:

What happens if I overdose the pet: Seek emergency veterinary medical treatment. Symptoms of Previcox overdose include drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, headache, blurred vision, little or no urine production, slow breathing, and coma.

Just wanted to add I hope the little guy is going to be okay.

Edited by 4My2Greys

Call an emergency vet.

I did.. I think I'm overreacting. Just freaked me out! It would not be a good thing if i killed my boyfriends dog. :o

He's a pretty dopey, but gums are nice and pink, he's breathing normally..

It scared the crap out of me and now I'm feeling like a horrible mother. :(

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe

Before you do anything else, cut all the remaining pills in half. Any time I bring home a med that's supposed to be dispensed in half-pill dosages, I cut all the pills right away.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Before you do anything else, cut all the remaining pills in half. Any time I bring home a med that's supposed to be dispensed in half-pill dosages, I cut all the pills right away.

Great tip!

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I do this too. If you have to go back to a full dose for some reason, then just give two halfs.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I think this is part of the reason I goofed. My vet in VA always cut them for me.. but this new vet did not. I just totally spaced it.

Mojo is totally fine today. Making up for the time he spent in space last night!

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg