Plato Brand Salmon Oil

a_daerr

Has anyone ever used any treats or supplements by Plato? We have a pet warehouse in our town that carries a bunch of discount products, and I got a 16 oz. bottle of Plato Salmon Oil for $10. Henry and Truman seem to love it (Henry has been scarfing up his food even before he gets his pill-pocket ravioli). I can't really speak to its effectiveness yet, but so far so good. And the price really beats Grizzly, Iceland Pure, and Nordic Naturals.

http://www.amazon.com/Plato-Pet-Treats-Alaskan-16-Ounce/dp/B001QEAVSU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Wow - that is a good price for salmon oil. I switched to salmon oil soft gels because I didn't like the smell or the price of the liquid - I just throw the soft gel in their food - not sure if this is as good a delivery method to their system, though.

http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-norwegian-salmon-oil-100-wild-caught-2-200-mg-per-serving-240-softgels-1

Theresa (Tess)

Mom to Elliott (Sol Flasher) and Lea (PTL Lea)

Wow - that is a good price for salmon oil. I switched to salmon oil soft gels because I didn't like the smell or the price of the liquid - I just throw the soft gel in their food - not sure if this is as good a delivery method to their system, though. http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-norwegian-salmon-oil-100-wild-caught-2-200-mg-per-serving-240-softgels-1

My guys refuse to eat the pills! They're brats. I started out using gel caps, then puncturing them and sprinkling the oil on their food. But I couldn't find a way to do it without getting oil on my fingers and/or clothes. I once had some fish oil splash up onto the scarf I was wearing and spent half my work day thinking, "Who ordered an anchovie pizza?" :lol

I have bought Plato salmon oil and have always liked it. It has the same levels of everything as the Grizzly oil but is cheaper.

A lot of people think of omega 3's as just for skin, but it has a ton of other benefits too, especially for things like heart health, immune system, joints, etc. So...even if you don't notice a lot of outside changes, there can be a lot of "inside" benefits you don't see :) Dog food tends to be VERY low in omega 3's so that is the one supplement I always use.

http://www.doggiefood.com/laksekronchwildsalmonoil.html

this is what i've been buying,compare the ingredients- your is cold pressed right???? i buy 88 oz at a time- $55. about the same, eh? or is my math off?

Yep, cold pressed and made in the USA. That much I do know. And your math must be good (both are about $1.60 an ounce). I've seen some pretty good coat improvements with just a few days on the salmon oil... their skin was flaky from having two baths in the past month or so (thaw = muddy dog park). Their coats are usually fine without any supplements, but I like the idea of the added internal benefits. We'll probably keep using it.

re 2 baths in the same month, if it's not skunk that your dealing w/ or tar(then use vasoline to get the tar or oil based paint out) then just a good rinse will do the trick and save the skin. w/ grey's thin skins and lack of oils in the coat a stinky,dirty, muddy dog will do well w/ a coolish shower or hosing down. yeah, we are dealing w/ muddy trails around here as well as yard(no grass only straw to soak up the moisture). the quick rinse is also greyt for removing allergins when it's that time of the year and pollen is pentiful.

re 2 baths in the same month, if it's not skunk that your dealing w/ or tar(then use vasoline to get the tar or oil based paint out) then just a good rinse will do the trick and save the skin. w/ grey's thin skins and lack of oils in the coat a stinky,dirty, muddy dog will do well w/ a coolish shower or hosing down. yeah, we are dealing w/ muddy trails around here as well as yard(no grass only straw to soak up the moisture). the quick rinse is also greyt for removing allergins when it's that time of the year and pollen is pentiful.

This is good advice. Henry loves getting baths- he would probably take one everyday if it were up to him. He gets all wound up and starts leaning/rubbing against the walls. Truman, on the other hand, is a huge baby and sulks the whole time. When he's done, he looks like a drowned rat. The dog park we use for playdates is about 45 minutes away, so by the time we get home, the mud is already dried and caked on. I'm pretty much forced to use soap for those times unless I would get a higher pressure attachment for the tub. Last time, I had to literally scrub, rinse, and repeat before the mud even started coming loose! You can probably imagine what the inside of my car looks like. :ohno