Suddenly Wont Eat Her Fish Oils

Guest greysmitten

Guest greysmitten

My girl usually eats her fish oil capsules like treats, she loves them so much.

I opened a new bottle (different brand) and she won't touch the capsules. I thought it could be that the gel outside might taste different, so I opened the capsules and poured the oil over her food ... Now she won't touch her food at all. I knew she was hungry though, as she ate plain kibble instead.

Logical to assume that something is wrong with this particular bottle of fish oil?

My general rule of thumb is that if the dog turns her nose up at it, something is not right!

Nike refused his fish pills for a few weeks for no reason I could see, and then was back to normal again. I hadnt changed pills or his routine. Maybe you could wait a few days and then try again.

If it were me, I'd first assume my girl didn't like the new brand. If it wasn't a different brand, I would assume she's just off them for a few days, like she goes off her breakfast every few weeks for a few days. I imagine that not all fish oil capsules are the same (just like in people food not all potato chips are the same though they're all called potato chips), and the introduction of the new capsule is probably the reason she turned up her nose.