Game Meat Based Food

Guest Celestrina

Guest Celestrina

I've seen kibble and canned food with some unusual primary meats including kangaroo, wild boar, pheasant, rabbit, and several others. Have you tried any of them? What did your dog(s) think of them? Did they have any problems (like the big D) with it? Was there a reason you tried them or was it out of curiosity?

Angie has had canned pheasant and canned rabbit, just because we were curious. She liked the pheasant but no more than her regular food. She LOVED the rabbit but we thought the paint would start peeling her farts were so nasty.

We feed our dogs Orijen Wild Boar kibble mixed with a little good old canned Pedigree.

One of our dogs is exasperatingly picky and we tried a multitude of kibble before she decided that the Wild Boar suited her delicate pallet. Our other dog considers cat poop to be quite the score so he didn't get a vote in the selection :)

Their poo has been consistently firm so no complaints here.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Guest WhiteWave

Casper ate a bag of the Evangers Meat Lover Medley with rabbit and he liked it. Also ate Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit.

They did eat a small bag of TOTW with the wild boar and did ok.

Linus my senior Greyhound loved Canine Cavier's canned Beaver. It helped keep weight on him. Plus he loved Trippet venison.

All my dogs love raw venison, wild boar and rabbit.

Guest Celestrina

Linus my senior Greyhound loved Canine Cavier's canned Beaver. It helped keep weight on him. Plus he loved Trippet venison.

All my dogs love raw venison, wild boar and rabbit.

Beaver? There's one I haven't seen yet. The pet store where we shop carries it (according to Canine Caviar's website).

Sam, the wonder mutt, has lots of food allergies. So we went no grain and he was still having issues. The vet suggested we try a novel (at least to him) protein and fowl anything is most gentle. So I feed Natural Balance Potato and Duck. Lovely as lovely can be poo and no allergy issues for Sam.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.